2/24/11

Blog on

Alright now that the store is winding down and I feel the crafty bug biting me I think I will try to keep the blog up. I know it has been a very long time since I have been active in the blogging world but it will give me something to focus my time on. It has been a long year with lots of excitement, heartbreak and most importantly lessons that I have learned from. I am excited to move forward with my life and focus on new adventures and I'm excited to have you all join me along the way! I think I will start with some sketch challenges to get me warmed up again. This week I stumbled on this sketch over at Stuck on U Sketches go check out all the talented ladies over there if you get a chance and if you came from there, Thank You!

I have to say that I'm addicted to PageMaps they completely take the intimidation out of scrapbooking for me and I get my layouts done so much faster. Plus Becky Fleck (pagemaps creator) has years of archived sketches for you to choose from. Ok, alright, enough of my babbling already, drum roll please.......

January 2, 2011 Sketch


















Becky's Take:


















I used My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Boy collection for this layout. It has been sitting in my closet begging to be used since I got it! I cut the hearts and title with my circut and gypsy and hand stitched the heart on the bottom. I add the two extra pictures so you could see some of the detail on this page. I hope you enjoy and thanks for joining me!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!
Thanks SO much for joining us!
The page is so great! I think its great to want to spend more time blogging..it takes time but the friends and inspiration are awesome..which of course I am sure you know but..just giving you 2 thumbs up on the idea!
Thanks again, so much for playing along!!!!

Leah

Fern said...

This is adorable!!! Love the hearts and the photos are precious!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

Stine Ursin said...

Love all the little hearts!! Great LO

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a wonderful page. So glad that you had time to scrap and chose to join us in this fortnight's challenge ..

Nanne said...

What an amazing take on this week sketch.. Love the idea of using the hearts instead of the circles..
Thnx for joining us girls over SOUS, hope you get to join us again..
hugs
Nanné