4/21/14

Ink it up 3 different ways

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend filled with family, friends and people you care about. I know that I had a great weekend with my in-laws. My boys had so much fun with their cousins that they were asleep 5 minutes into our 2 hour drive home.

Today I had have three different cards that I had similar ideas that I played around with. I like the look of three different stripes of color with a solid image over the top so I pulled out my ink pads and watercolor paints and went to town.

In this first card I used the backside of an acrylic stamp and placed it on my ink pad and "stamped" it on my cardstock. I used a Peachy Keen stamp because I like the smoothness and sturdiness of their stamps, but you could use any acrylic stamp to achieve this look. I used my Momento ink pads for this card.

Squirly Girl Creations-It's a Boy

On this second card I used my watercolor paints to achieve a similar but softer look I think and then glitzed up this already pretty Hero Arts stamp with some Stickles.

Squirly Girl Creations-With Sympathy

And finally this last is not the tricolor effect but I thought it was pretty enough to share. On this card I decided to stamp my image first on watercolor paper and then highlight the background with extremely diluted paints. I used my Niji pearlescent paints to color my flowers for a bit of glitz.

Squirly Girl Creations-Adore
Now I'm off for a very busy and FUN day. We are adding to our family today and bringing home a very pretty 1 1/2 year old black lab named Mia. I'm leaving shortly to go pick her up and bring her home to an empty house in hopes that she can get acquainted a bit before the boys come home from school. Check in tomorrow for some pics of our new lady :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Lovin' all three of your cards! Some fun techniques! You know, I have yet, to try stamping on the backside of an acrylic stamp!...I should probably give it a try. ;)