1/24/09

Oh what a week!

This has been a very long week! My entire family came down with a very nasty virus this week. It all started last Saturday with my son in the morning and continued to work through the family by Monday everyone was sick, even my parents. I have made several visits to the Dr.'s office and one trip to the ER. This is something that I would NOT wish on anyone! My son, the worst affected, lost 4 or 5 pounds and couldn't keep anything in his system for 6 days. I can't imagine how hungry he must have been. But I think that we have made it through the worst of the storm and things are starting to look up :) The entire house has been disinfected and I am determined that nobody will get it again!

Dispite all of the ickiness going on I did manage to find a few minutes each evening to work on something to share with you. The first project was a candle. I really enjoyed creating this project. I read about it a while ago and it is something that I have wanted to try for a while.



To make a candle like this you simply stamp your image on white tissue paper,trim around the image lay it over the candle where you want it displayed then use your heat gun to melt it into the candle. That simple!

The second project was another quickie. A St. Patricks Day card. I know, I know, I'm worse than the stores, way ahead in the holidays. But I couldn't resist, I just love these stamps from studio G. I found them in the $1.99 bins at Archiver's and to top it off the entire card is made from my scrap bin! Got to love cheap...





The last project was a Valentine's Day card. This one was a challenge that I decided to enter in the challenge over at the cuttlebug spot. Go check out her challenges at http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com. Believe it or not I have no Valentine's Day stamps so I thought I would see what I could come up with not only in the holiday spirit but with some differet colors. So after some digging I came up with this cute creation. I used Lots o' Love paper by reminisce, Cloud 9 design Luster Candy Box Hearts in dark pink and red and Bazill cardstock. The flower on the front is a Heidi Grace glittered flower I also used a few random buttons and brads and of coarse lots of stickles :) The stamps are The Angel Company (large heart) and Fiskars (two small hearts). All of the ink is my beloved colorbox chalk inks. I think my favorite part is that its done in non-traditional colors. Let me know what you think!


1 comment:

Nilda Rockenbach said...

I love the colors, one of my favorite combos. I love the the paper and embossing.. wonderful job.

thank you for paritcipating in this weeks challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.