1/22/12

Sweet Shop Hero's and a Pintrest recreation

I'm so excited about the fun card I made last night. I was inspired by Savannah O'Gwynn over at www.savannahland2.blogspot.com to use my Sweet Shop Stamps Furry Friends and do some paper piecing. Go check out her blog! She is SUPER talented! Thanks Sav for the inspiration :) I used one of my DCVW small stacks for the prints on this card and I put the fox on an action wobble so it moves like a bobble head :) My 4 year old LOVES this card, makes me giggle a bit too!
Sweet Shop Super Hero's
You'll have to excuse the lighting on my pictures today. Its a cold, snowy and overcast day in Wisconsin today. Sure wish I was in sunny California for CHA this week. I'm so sad that I am missing it this year ;(

My second project is a recreation of something I saw on pintrest this week. I love all of the ideas that I get from that site even though it can be a bit addicting and time consuming, lol.
Bobby Pin Picture Frame
Its an old ugly picture frame that I upcycled into a pretty bobby pin holder for my night stand. One of my husbands worst pet peeves is finding my bobby pins in the carpet when they fall of my night stand. So I used some pretty paper from Mind's Eye's Fine and Dandy line (6x6 pad) and my new Ippity stamps from Unity that you can now purchase directly from Unity's website. A little bling and some twine and I think it turned out pretty cute :) Plus it will make my hubby happy, so bonus!

Now for one last project made yesterday.
Not all are lost
That fabulous tree is from the Silhouette Store and I painted it with my Twinkling H2O's. This picture really does NOT do the fabulousness of this any justice ;( Boo to cloudy days! The sentiment I used on this card is from Unity's line of Ippity stamps. I just love all the sentiments from Unity. Those fun little acorns are from Sweet Stamp Shops Furry Friends set.

Alright that's all I have for today but I'm back to my craft room for more fun. YAY, I love weekends!

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH Becky! This is the CUTEST little card ever! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE those furry heros! SO ADORABLE and SUPER clever! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

And your frame--WOW! TOTALLY clever! I also have bobby pins laying around and hair rubber bands....Totally casing this!

And that tree card---OH OH OH! It is GOOOOOOOOORGEOUS! I love the H2O's you used! Great job all around!! Great post:) <3