4/23/11

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! Today is just a quick post because of the holiday but I thought I would share these adorable and super easy peasy baskets that I made for my classmates. I also wanted to remind you that starting Monday I will be Unity Stamp Company's Growing in Unity girl. I'm really stoked about this because I LOVE Unity Stamp Co.!!!  If you come back and leave me a comment everyday next week you will be entered to win some fun bloggy candy. Winner will be announced next Monday.
  







These little buggers make the quickest gifts. I decided to make first picture tutorial for you so you can make a few. They don't just have to be Easter baskets, I'm thinking wedding favors, baby showers and birthday party favors :)  So here goes the tutorial, please be kind to me (remember its my first), I know the pictures aren't the best.

Step 1:
To start your basket cut 2 pieces of 4.25" x 5.5" (A2 card front) and adhere a strip of 1 3/4" x 5 1/2"  to each piece then adhere your ribbon.




Step 2:
Run your basket pieces through a cuttlebug folder of your choice. ( Sorry no picture for this step)

Step 3:
Tape a small spellbinder inside of a large spellbinder to crate your basket front using painters tape. (stick the painters tape to your shirt or pants to remove some of the stickiness or it will rip your paper) Now cut your basket front and back out. You may have to cut your ribbon by hand out.




Step 4:
Cut one piece at the dimensions on the top of my little yellow sticky (lol).
Cut two pieces at the dimensions on the bottom of my sticky :D




Step 5:
You should now have all of your pieces to finish your basket and your pile should look like this.
Fold the basket on the score lines and assemble. Adhere front and back, embellish and add goodies to your basket.



Your finished product.




I used my January 2011 Unity Kit of the Month to decorate these little cuties.  Well I hope you found my first picture tutorial useful :)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks for sharing...this is very pretty...and I love that spellbinder! :-)

Toni K said...

These are gorgeous! They would be perfect for a wedding shower!